PTSD is an anxiety syndrome, autonomic lability, emotional ketidakrentanan, and flashbacks of the
experience was very painful after physical or emotional stress that goes beyond the limits of ordinary
people. Wisdom (2005) says PTSD as a condition that appears after a gripping experience extraordinary, horrific and life-threatening, such as natural disasters, severe accidents, sexual abuse (sexual assault), or war. Grinage (2003) mentions the diagnostic criteria for PTSD include:
1. Disturbing memories or memories of traumatic events experience repeated,
2. avoidance behaviors,
3. symptoms appear excessive for something similar when traumatic events, and
4. The persistence of symptoms for at least one month.
In addition, based on the diagnostic criteria established acute stress disorder diagnostic criteria based
on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders III-Revised or DSM III-R, can show a
person's traumatic conditions, the criteria are:
1. People who have experienced, witnessed and confronted with a traumatic event ..
2. Is one of the state when a person is experiencing or after experiencing a frightening incident.
Traumatic events that are experienced settled back in the flashback episode repeated.
3. Avoidance of stimuli that awaken recollections of trauma.
4. Significant symptoms of anxiety or increased awareness. Disturbance causes clinically significant
distress or disruption in social functioning, which interfere with an individual's ability to perform tasks required.
5. Not the direct physiological effects of a substance or a general medical condition PTSD can be cured if detected immediately and get proper treatment. If not detected and left untreated,
it can lead to medical complications or serious psychological permanent which will eventually disrupt
social life and work of the patient.
By Bella Nabilla
Souce : http://layarwanita.blogspot.com/2013/02/dinamika-psikologis-kekerasan-seksual.html