The behaviour of a baby that doesn´t speak yet tell us more than a thousand words. Learn to listen it and take measures on time.
The first childhood abuse is a special care problem because a baby is defenseless and can´t communicate effectively what´s happen or his fears. For that reason we should read the warning signs to identify an abuse situation on time. This issue goes further, because a baby receives mistreatment also when he is exposed to screaming, insults, shakes, aggressive, or indifference from the carer. The neglectful treatment and abandonment are also abuse forms.
A baby can´t speak but…
These are some signals of mistreatment in a child. If a baby...
- Shows fear, anguish or extreme reactions when he is going to see the carer.
- Presents bruises, ecchymosis (yellow marks) or hit signals.
- Is demanding excessive attention of the parents.
- Loses his appetite.
- Has troubles sleeping or wants to sleep all the time.
- Has genital pain.
- Presents urinary tract infections.
- Suffers diarrhoea or inexplicable fever.
- Presents wounds or indents in the genital area; in this cases we need to find help immediately.
How can you avoid this situation?
- The kid needs adequate and lovely corporal contact and lovely speaking.
- The abuse could be more frequent in unwanted pregnancy or when the mother is too young, because the baby is seen as a hindrance. In these cases the grandparents and uncles should be in constant observation.
- The abuser could be another child like brother or sister, in this case is important to work to eliminate the jealousy.
- You can install cameras without notification to the carer.
- Training carers and parents in child development, no violent discipline methods and capacity problems solution,
Translated by Claudia Fierro, of the article: El maltrato infantile es más que un moretón. Font: ElEspectador.com (http://www.elespectador.com/revistas/bebe/articulo-357769-el-maltrato-%E2%80%A9infantil-mas-%E2%80%A9un-moreton)