Friday 15 March 2013

I´m a Princess



Today I saw the results of a study made for the Washington University and Bill´s and Melinda´s Gates foundation, about Charge of Diseases and it was surprising for me, because the highest cause of dead in Colombia after VIH, what is scary too, is the violence against women, especially into the couples.
The study affirms that violence is the main cause of dead in women between 15 and 29 years, the most productive ages, and off course this is a premature dead. Actually, the most of the countries in Latin America are living the same situation.
For the last year, I have been focused in fight against this situations, giving encourage for the women of our blog and also giving some tips to take the decision of abandon a live in pain.
Nevertheless, today I´m feeling that we need to do more and I believe that education is a good way to win this fight. If we teach values and respect to our children since the earliest education, we can give a better and quiet life to our girls.
I also believe than we can empower the girls with a high self-esteem and the conviction to be powerful and ask for respect at home and at every place where they should confront violence. That´s the reason because I want to recommend this video, the new definition of princess for Disney: empowering girls. I applaud this initiative and invite all our readers to be princess and teach your girls how to be one of this.


Source:
http://www.eltiempo.com/vida-de-hoy/salud/sida-violencia-intrafamiliar-y-mortalidad-en-colombia_12653164-4

No comments:

Post a Comment