Monday 5 August 2013

We are very happy to announce that our Founder and CEO, Elsie Ijorogu-Reed has been awarded by the Urhobo Union in Chicago, USA. 


Here is her acceptance speech!
"How do I begin to put into words this wonderful wonderful happiness I feel in my heart? As I hold this award in my hands, I want to tell you today that this is not an award for me, but an award for the human spirit, for the community of people who believe that they can be the change they want to see, that they can be the face of truth and question all wrong even if their voices quake. Today, I stand before you not as Elsie Ijorogu-Reed, but as one face among many from the Nigerian Diaspora, as one face among many from the global sisterhood of women, and as one face among many among the human race. I ask you, today, to join me as I resolve here before you that we will not stop short of effecting change in the manner that lets truth triumph. My gratitude goes to the wonderful daughter Gabrielle, Deltawomen's Team, the people at the UPU Chicago and to every person involved in this change-making process."

And here are a few glimpses at the event!














No comments:

Post a Comment